WELCOME TO Living Environment:
Ms. Graham’s Classes:
Unit 1 Scientific Inquiry
- Observation, 2. Inference, 3. Qualitative, 4. Quantitative, Identifying variables 5. Hypothesis (If/Then), Charts and Graphs, Ethics, Accuracy/Sources of Error, and Skepticism.
Regents Practice: Here is a link to Regents Prep.org
Ms. Muldoon’s classes:
Brainpop – Natural Selection
NOVA Evolution Lab – Videos
The 5 NOVA evolution .mp4 videos are also attached below. The names are:
- Evolution 101, 2. DNA spells Evolution, 3. Fossils – Rocking the Earth, 4. Biogeography and 5.Training Trees – this is about the tree of life
HUMAN IMPACT – How do humans endanger biodiversity? How can we help?
We learned that H.I.P.P.O. stands for:
Over Harvesting (Direct Harvesting)
Monday, May 9, 2016 – Heredity
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 – Cell Division: Mitosis
check attached files below to view video clip on epithelial cell mitosis and download powerpoint
Monday, April 04, 2016 – Bacterial Resistance
– Friday April 1, 2016:
This week we are learning about vaccines and antibiotic resistance.
Thursday –Antibiotic Resistance
What is an Antibiotic? Click here to : See how Antibiotics Kill Bacteria, but…….
Wednesday- Quiz on immune response. Study handouts and vocabulary: microbe, pathogen, antigen, immune response, white blood cell, antibody.
Tuesday -In class you will make a storyboard showing how the immune response works.
You can learn how vaccines are made with this interactive simulation:Making Vaccines
Read about the immune system: Teens Health
Watch a NOVA video: Immunity and vaccines
Brainpop: IMMUNE SYSTEM
Brainpop en espanol: sistema immunologico (username- 11hsteach, password- brainpop)
WORKTIME: Wednesday, March 23, 2016:
Brainp pop: Blood
STATION 1: Type 1 Diabetes. What is it?, What is Diabetes?
a)Read the article : http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/type1.html?WT.ac=ctg#
b)Answer the questions on your sheet
STATION 2: BACTERIA
1.Watch the brainpop video.
Bacteria EN ESPANOL – (11hsteach, brainpop) https://esp.brainpop.com/mx/ciencia/la_diversidad_de_la_vida/bacterias/
- Answer the questions
STATION 3: VIRUS
Read, Clarify, Answer Questions.
Links and videos for worktime use of laptops
Microbes make enzymes that we use in making hundreds of products. We grow billions of bacteria in giant fermenting tanks, then break them apart to get their enzymes for making soy sauce, soda, beer, wine, cheese, infant formula, chewing gum, leather goods, paper, laundry detergent, and even the stone-washed look on blue jeans
This coming week we will learn about more Body Systems. Here is a powerpoint about the Nervous and Endocrine Systems.
You can still use the Body System resources below to find out about all the systems.
If you did not turn in the Body System assignment you received a failing grade for that assigment. See me to improve grade.
PAST LESSONS AND RESOURCES:
February Break Homework
Have fun on your break. Go outside and exercise your heart!
Spend a little time each day to exercise your mind!
Ms. Muldoon’s classes: Click for Body System Homework Assignment.
Click here to see a template and example.
Here is a link to some Body System resources. Check them all and use any that are helpful.
- Games, videos, articles on Digestive System and all body systems.
- Click the Body Basics Library on this page
- Brain pop en espanol
- Brain pop en francais
- Powerpoint Slides Digestion
 Here is the Learning Guide on Cell Transport
Here are the texts from the learning guide:
 What is ATP?
Here are the videos from the learning guide:
In Spanish: Transporte Activo
In Spanish: Difusion
Here are the texts from the learning guide:
 Organizational Levels & Cell Organelles (pgs. 1-2)
 Plant Cells vs. Animal Cells (pgs. 3-4)
 BrainPOP Video: Cell Structures
El mismo video in espanol: Estructura de la Celula
*Don’t forget to complete the questions in your packet that go with this BrainPOP video*
- Biogeography- Where Life Lives.mp4
- Charts and Graphs Worksheet Arabic.docx
- Charts and Graphs Worksheet Spanish.docx
- Charts and Graphs Worksheet.docx
- DNA Spells Evolution.mp4
- Ecology-Relationships between Species.pptx
- Evolution 101.mp4
- Experimental Variables Arabic.docx
- Experimental Variables Chinese.docx
- Experimental Variables Spanish.docx
- Experimental Variables.docx
- Fossils- Rocking the Earth.mp4
- Habitat and Niche.pptx
- IdentifyingVariables Arabic.ppt
- IdentifyingVariables Chinese.ppt
- IdentifyingVariables Spanish.ppt
- Introduction to Cells.mp4
- Learning Guide-Cells.docx
- Observing _ Inferring Packet.pdf
- The Living Environment Unit 1 Lesson 1.pptx
- The Living Environment Unit 1 Lesson 2.pptx
- Thurs_ 4_14_16 – Mitosis and Meiosis.pptx
- Training Trees.mp4
- Unit 1 Quiz Review Arabic.docx
- Unit 1 Quiz Review Chinese.docx
- Unit 1 Quiz Review French.docx
- Unit 1 Quiz Review Spanish.docx
- Unit 1 Quiz Review.docx
- Unit 1 Vocabulary Log.doc